Find High-Quality and Comfortable Kids’ Pyjamas at Four in the Bed
Kids' pyjamas play a significant role in the quality of their sleep. Pyjamas should be comfortable, breathable, and tough enough to withstand multiple washes. That's just what we offer at Four in the Bed. Our classic styles and quality construction translate to excellent value for parents and easy comfort for kids. From summer to winter to specific holidays, we have the perfect PJ sets for all kids and all seasons. Whether you're looking for short pyjama sets, long pyjama sets, flannel PJs, or robes for your little ones, we have you covered.
Benefits of 100% Cotton Kids' Nightwear
What your kids sleep in matters. The right kids' pyjamas can contribute to a good night's sleep and provide other benefits as well. Here are some of the specific reasons to choose cotton sleepwear for your kids instead of other materials.
- For greater comfort. Nothing feels as good as cotton. Lightweight cotton sleepwear is cool and comfy in the summer; warmer cotton fabrics such as flannel are warm and insulating in the winter. Cotton is also breathable and super soft against the skin.
- For easy care. Cotton is an incredibly easy-care fabric. Most cotton pyjamas are wash and wear, so you can simply place them into the washer and then the dryer, making this material a no-brainer for kids. You can also air-dry cotton but avoid leaving it in direct sunlight for too long so that it doesn't fade.
For its hypoallergenic properties. Cotton is highly unlikely to cause an allergic reaction, so clothing, bedding, and pyjamas made of this material are ideal for people with sensitive skin. Incidentally, cotton is ideal for bandages, gauze, and other medical products because of its gentle touch.
- For moisture control. Cotton kids' PJs are breathable and can transmit moisture away from the body. Like a towel, cotton sleepwear moves liquid away from the skin, helping the wearer stay dry and comfortable. This is also why cotton is so often used in activewear.
- For durability. Cotton children's pyjamas can withstand the rough and tumble nature of your little ones. The tensile strength of these garments makes them less likely to rip or tear; they're also stronger when wet than other materials, allowing them to withstand numerous washings.
Tips Regarding Cotton Kids' Sleepwear
With a little know-how and TLC, you can keep your children's nightwear looking and feeling its best for years to come. Here are a few tips for taking care of your cotton children's PJs.
- Treat stains immediately. If you notice a stain on your garment, be sure to treat it right away with a cotton-compatible stain solution. That way, the stained area will be pre-cleaned before washing, making the laundry more efficient. Do avoid stain treatments that contain bleach, as these products can leave unwanted light spots on your fabric.
- Wash and dry correctly. Cotton does not have the same antibacterial and anti-odour properties of wool, so you should wash them a little more frequently. Washing in cold water is best for most cotton garments. Turn coloured clothes inside out before washing. Air drying is best for cotton, but it can also be tumble-dried with excellent results.
- Store the right way. When you need to store your cotton clothing for prolonged periods, it's important to store it properly for the most longevity - fortunately, this is very simple. Store knit items flat; you can store woven garments on hangers or racks. Keep clothing in airtight containers out of direct sunlight for best results.
When Buying Children's Sleepwear, Consider This
A good night's sleep is one of the most important things that you can do for your body at any age. This is especially important for kids - particularly young kids - who may not be able to let you know if their clothing is too hot, too cold, too scratchy, or otherwise uncomfortable. Here are a few tips for choosing your child's PJs to help ensure their comfort and quality of sleep.
- Choose the right size. Just like adults, babies and children cannot sleep well if their pyjamas are too tight or too loose. You can (and probably should) buy pyjamas for your child with a little room to grow in, but keep in mind that clothing that's far too large will restrict your child's movements and potentially make them uncomfortable.
- Consider the type of pyjamas. Several factors come into play when choosing sleepwear for your child, including the season. Does the item have a hood, strings, or loose-fitting fabric that could pose a risk? How easy are the pyjamas to put on and take off, and what fabric are they? Cotton is a soft and durable choice in kids' pyjamas.
- Pick out pyjamas your child will like. There will be far fewer squabbles over your choice of sleepwear if it's your child's choice, too. If your child is old enough, consider letting them weigh in on which garments to purchase. If you'd like, choose two or three appropriate choices and let your child select from among them.
About Four in the Bed
For almost ten years, Four in the Bed has been providing high-quality, 100 percent cotton children's pyjamas for all seasons. Parents and kids throughout Australia and New Zealand love our unique styles and outstanding customer service. Shop our online store to discover all the great items we have to offer - and please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.